[openstack-dev] [Fuel] py.test vs testrepository

Roman Prykhodchenko me at romcheg.me
Wed Oct 7 10:59:18 UTC 2015

What I can extract now from this thread is that Fuel should switch to testr because of the following reasons:

- Diversity of tools is a bad idea on a project scale
- testrepository and related components are used in OpenStack Infra environment for much more tasks than just running tests
- py.test won’t be added to global-requirements so there always be a chance of another dependency hell
- Sticking to global requirements is an idea which is in the scope of discussions around Fuel.

Sounds like that’s the point when we should just file appropriate bugs and use testr in smaller components, e. g., Fuel Client, first and then try in in Nailgun.

- romcheg