[openstack-dev] [nova] revisiting minimum libvirt version

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 10:51:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 06:32:53AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> The following review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/171098 attempts to
> raise the minimum libvirt version to 1.0.3.
>
> In May that was considered a no go -
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2015-May/007012.html
>
> Can we reconsider that decision and up this to 1.2 for what we're
> regularly testing with. It would also allow some cleaning out of a lot
> of conditional pathing, which is getting pretty deep in ifdefs -
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/251e09ab69e5dd1ba2c917175bb408c708843f6e/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L359-L424

I've actually just sent a thread suggesting we pick 1.1.1:

  http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-October/076302.html

It is possible we could decide to pick a 1.2.x release, if we're willing to
drop further distros. Lets continue the discussion in that other thread
I created.

Regards,
Daniel