[openstack-dev] [Glance] Process to clean up the review queue from non-active patches

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:21:39 UTC 2015

This again becomes a part of the undefinied priority concept. It's hard
to come up with a list of priorities all at the beginning of the cycle
so, conflicting priority items may get missed every now and then. I hope
the dashboard will help however, this is more of a people problem than a
process problem what Victor is describing.

To solve that, here's the context:
If a change is either big, has a spec associated with it or doesn't have
a bug associated it is unlikely to catch the notice of the cores easily
let alone other reviewers. Something that would help is to propose a
topic to the weekly meeting and if you can't attend delegate it to
someone who will -- I have seen it help catch attention of the cores.
Specs and other big changes are often discussed at the drivers meeting
so that's a good place to bring this up too. It doesn't have to be a
long one, just a heads up suffices many a times.

On 10/6/15 11:54 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 06/10/2015 16:36, Flavio Percoco a écrit :
>> Not so long ago, Erno started a thread[0] in this list to discuss the
>> abandon policies for patches that haven't been updated in Glance.
>> (...)
>> 1) Lets do this on patches that haven't had any activity in the last 2
>> months. This adds one more month to Erno's proposal. The reason being
>> that during the lat cycle, there were some ups and downs in the review
>> flow that caused some patches to get stuck.
>
> Please don't do that. I sent a patch in June (20) and it was only
> reviewed in October (4)... There was no activity simply because I had
> nothing to add, everything was explained in the commit message, I was
> only waiting for a review...
>
> I came on #openstack-glance to ask for review several time between
> August and September but nobody reviewed by patches (there was al.
>
> Example of patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193786/ (now merged)
>
> It would be very frustrating to have to resend the same patch over and
> over.
>
> Victor

Nikhil