[openstack-dev] [Glance] Process to clean up the review queue from non-active patches

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:11:00 UTC 2015

Overall I think this is a good idea and the time frame proposal also
looks good. Few suggestions in-line.

On 10/6/15 10:36 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Not so long ago, Erno started a thread[0] in this list to discuss the
> abandon policies for patches that haven't been updated in Glance.
>
> I'd like to go forward and start following that policy with some
> changes that you can find below:
>
> 1) Lets do this on patches that haven't had any activity in the last 2
> months. This adds one more month to Erno's proposal. The reason being
> that during the lat cycle, there were some ups and downs in the review
> flow that caused some patches to get stuck.

+2 . I think 2 months is a reasonable time frame. Though, I think this
should be done on glance , python-glanceclient and glance-store repos
and not glance-specs. Specs can sometimes need to sit and wait while
discussion may happen at other places and then a gist is added back the
spec.

> 2) Do this just on master, for all patches regardless they fix a
> bug or implement a spec and for all patches regardless their review
> status.

+2 . No comments, looks clean.

> 3) The patch will be first marked as a WIP and then abandoned if the
> patch is not updated in 1 week. This will put this patches at the
> begining of the queue but using the Glance review dashboard should
> help keeing focus.

While I think that one may give someone a email/irc heads up if the
proposer doesn't show up and we will use the context and wisdom of
feedback this sorta seems to imply for a general case when a developer
is new and their intent to get a patch in one cycle isn't clear.

> Unless there are some critical things missing in the above or strong
> opiniones against this, I'll make this effective starting next Monday
> October 12th.

I added some comments above for possible brainstorming. No serious
objections, looking forward to this cleanup process.

> Best regards,
> Flavio
>
> [0]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-February/056829.html