[openstack-dev] [heat] perfomance benchmark metrics of heat-api

Sergey Kraynev skraynev at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 6 08:10:13 UTC 2015

On 6 October 2015 at 10:18, Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io> wrote:
> On 10/06/2015 05:20 AM, ESWAR RAO wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone done any performance tests on heat-api servers on any
>> standard setup so as to know how many stack requests it can handle
>> before it can stumble so that we can deploy scaling of heat-servers ??
>

> It depends on your environment and you should run your own tests. Have a
> look at
> https://github.com/openstack/rally/tree/master/samples/tasks/scenarios/heat
> for a lot of prepared scenarios for Heat.
>
> HTH, Christian.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt
> Cloud Solution Architect
> Mail: berendt at b1-systems.de
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

ESWAR RAO,  good question !

I don't know about some published results for such performance testing :)

As Christian Berendt said: it's really depends on particular
deployment installation, so suggestion about using rally is the best
option :)
Btw, if you do it, feel free to share with community - it will be
really helpful for us.

--
Regards,
Sergey.