[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:41:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

Following is the subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled
directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
============
- (diff with Sep 28, no diff for inspector)
    - Open: 137 (+2). 4 new (-5), 34 in progress (-2), 0 critical, 7 high
and 13 incomplete (+4)
    - Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 25 (+1). 1 new (+1), 0 critical, 1 high
    - Inspector bugs: 12. 0 new, 0 critical, 4 high
- Need help with triaging:
    - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1444631
    - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1479128
- IPA got its own bug tracker:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic-python-agent
    - I moved all bugs I found to be related to the ramdisk part there
    - http://ironic-divius.rhcloud.com/ now shows IPA bugs
- http://ironic-divius.rhcloud.com/ got a new revamp, now it should be
easier to spot what requires attention

Neutron/Ironic work (jroll)
====================
- testing is ongoing, working well, just a few things to work out
- we can begin reviewing the patch chain
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bp/network_provider,n,z
    - nova patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/ironic-ml2-integration,n,z
    - client patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-ironicclient+branch:master+topic:bp/ironic-ml2-integration,n,z
- no work has been done yet on gate testing AFAIK :(
- work etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-neutron-mid-cycle

ironic-lib adoption (dtantsur)
======================
- There are still patches syncing changes from ironic to ironic-lib, please
land them ASAP
- Patch to Ironic  to make notes in functions that are moving to
ironic-lib: https://review.openstack.org/231092
- ironic patch to use ironic-lib: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184443/

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/lekha/krtaylor)
============================
- Had IRC meeting with jlvillal/lekha/krtaylor discussing functional
testing.
- Patch submitted and merged to prepare for functional testing.
- Discovered mimic is not yet Python 3 compatible. lekha is working on
Python 3 compatibility as not allowed to add it to global-requierements
until it is.

Inspector (dtansur)
===============
- ironic-inspector 2.2.1 was released to fix a critical issue (thanks
TheJulia for reporting)

Bifrost (TheJulia)
=============
- Work begining to include support for inspector in a user deployment
process.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=========================
- work has begun upstream to make the horizon panel for ironic
- Horizon to Ironic API layer in Python has been written
- corresponding Ironic API layer in Angular in progress

Drivers
======

AMT (lintan)
----------------
- [deva] in-tree pxe_amt driver still having serious issues with my NUC, so
I've updated https://github.com/devananda/ironic/tree/new-amt-driver for
liberty

iRMC (naohirot)
-
https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot%2540jp.fujitsu.com+status:+open,n,z
    - New boot driver interface for iRMC drivers (bp/new-boot-interface)
    - Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
(bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi)
    - iRMC out of band inspection (bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery)

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard