[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][all] Pillow breaking gate?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Oct 2 02:34:47 UTC 2015

On 2 October 2015 at 12:00, Kevin L. Mitchell
<kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 15:53 -0700, Clark Boylan wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015, at 03:48 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>> > It looks like Pillow (pulled in by blockdiag, pulled in by
>> > sphinxcontrib-seqdiag, in test-requirements.txt of nova and probably
>> > others) had a 3.0.0 release today, and now the gate is breaking because
>> > libjpeg isn't available in the image…thoughts on how best to address
>> > this problem?
>> Two changes are already in flight to address this.
>>
>> The first updates global requirements to require an older version of
>> Pillow:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230167/
>
> Pillow is not explicitly listed in nova's requirements; would this still
> be sufficient to unwedge the gate?

No. (Technically the gate isn't wedged, its just broken... for a lot of folk :))

You will need to manually submit the same pillow cap to Nova (With a
comment before it). Like this:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230245/ (Thanks Tony).

Once we're all sorted out we can remove the direct reference to pillow.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist