[openstack-dev] [neutron] New cycle started. What are you up to, folks?

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Thu Oct 1 14:57:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 10:02:24AM EDT, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> - more changes with less infra tinkering! neutron devs should not need to go to infra projects so often to make an impact;
> -- make our little neat devstack plugin used for qos and sr-iov only a huge pile of bash code that is currently stored in devstack and is proudly called neutron-legacy now; and make the latter obsolete and eventually removed from devstack;

We may need to discuss this. I am currently doing a refactor of the
Neutron DevStack integration in

https://review.openstack.org/168438

If I understand your message correctly, I disagree that we should be
moving all the DevStack support for Neutron out of DevStack and making
it a plugin. All that does is move the mess from one corner of the room,
to another corner.

--
Sean M. Collins