[openstack-dev] [nova] how to address boot from volume failures

Andrew Laski andrew at lascii.com
Thu Oct 1 13:15:01 UTC 2015

On 10/01/15 at 06:17am, Sean Dague wrote:
>On 09/30/2015 10:41 PM, melanie witt wrote:
>> On Sep 30, 2015, at 14:45, Andrew Laski <andrew at lascii.com
>> <mailto:andrew at lascii.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a slight preference for #1.  Nova is not buggy here novaclient
>>> is so I think we should contain the fix there.
>>>
>>> Is using the v2 API an option?  That should also allow the 3 extra
>>> parameters mentioned in #2.
>
>It could be, but it would invalidate the claim that operators can just
>point people at v2.1 and it won't be noticed.

I thought we were always clear that it shouldn't be noticed, unless the
client in use was doing something it shouldn't be.  The goal of strict
validation was to make that known to users.  Bugs in Tempest were
discovered this way and bugs in novaclient and the previous response has
always been to fix client behavior.