[openstack-dev] Encouraging first-time contributors through bug tags/reviews

sean roberts seanroberts66 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:48:56 UTC 2015

Being successful at your first patch for most people means that their first
effort is different than an a regular patch.

Identifying abandoned work more quickly is good. It doesn't help the first
timer.

Tagging low hanging fruit for first timers I like. I'm recommending we add
a mentor as part of the idea, so the project mentor is responsible for the
work and the first timer learning.

~sean