[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Debugging via PyCharm (pydevd)

Chad Roberts croberts at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 19:21:36 UTC 2015

I submitted a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/sahara/+bug/1521266) and have
asked in-channel, but I'll also post here just in case it rings a bell for
someone.

Recently, Sahara was changed to use oslo.service to launch our wsgi api
server.  Prior to that change, I was able to successfully run and debug the
sahara-api process using PyCharm.

After the change to use oslo.service as the launcher, I am still able to
run sahara-api using the same config that has worked for as long as I can
remember, but when I run in debug mode, the api appears to start up
normally, but any request I send never receives a response and any
breakpoints I've tried never seem to get hit.

If I backout the changes to use oslo.service, I am able to debug
successfully again.

Any chance that sort of thing sounds familiar to anyone?

Thanks,
Chad