[openstack-dev] [nova]New Quota Subteam on Nova

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:59:10 UTC 2015

On Nov 26, 2015, at 9:36, John Garbutt <john at johngarbutt.com> wrote:

> A suggestion in the past, that I like, is creating a nova functional
> test that stress tests the quota code.
>
> Hopefully that will be able to help reproduce the error.
> That should help prove if any proposed fix actually works.

+1, I think it's wise to get some data on the current state of quotas before choosing a redesign. IIRC, Joe Gordon described a test scenario he used to use to reproduce quota bugs locally, in one of the launchpad bugs. If we could automate something like that, we could use it to demonstrate how quotas currently behave during parallel requests and try things like disabling reservations. I also like the idea of being able to verify the effects of proposed fixes.

-melanie (irc: melwitt)