[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Call for review focus

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Mon Nov 30 17:43:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 4:47 AM, Rossella Sblendido <rsblendido at suse.com> wrote:
>>     I looked for the address scopes blueprint [1] which is targeted for
>>     Mitaka-1 [2] and there are 6 (or 5, one is in the gate) patches on the
>>     bp/address-scopes topic [3].  It isn't obvious to me yet why it didn't
>>     get picked up on the dashboard.  I've only started to look in to this
>>     and may not have much time right now.  I wondered if you could easily
>>     tell why it didn't get picked up.
>>
>> Isn't it missing bp/ ? From the URL I can only see topic:address-scope,
>> which isn't the right one.
>

> Yes Armando is right. I fixed that. Another reason is that I am filtering
> out patches that are WIP or that failed Jenkins tests. This can be changed
> anyway. This is what I get now (after fixing the missing 'bp/') [1]

I tend to think that eliminating patches that are failing tests may
not be a good thing to do in general.  I think it makes the dashboard
too dynamic in the face of all of the unreliable tests that we see
come and go.  It would go dark when we see those check queue bombs
that fail all of the patches.  This is just my opinion and I could
probably adjust the end result to suit my tastes.

I do filter patch sets with failing tests in some of my own personal queries.

Carl