[openstack-dev] [Performance] Filling performance team working items list and taking part in their resolving

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Nov 30 15:30:22 UTC 2015

On 11/27/2015 3:54 AM, Dina Belova wrote:
> Hey OpenStack devs and operators!
>
> Folks, I would like to share list of working items Performance Team is
> currently having in the backlog -
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/perf-zoom-zoom [Work Items to grab]
> section. I'm really encouraging you to fill it with concrete pieces of
> work you think will be useful and take part in the
> development/investigation by assigning some of them to yourself and
> working on them :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dina

One of the work items was to enable the nova metadata service in a large
ops job. There are two voting large ops jobs in nova, one runs with
nova-network and the other runs with neutron. Besides those differences,
I'm not sure if there is any other difference in the jobs. So I guess
we'd just need to pick which one runs the nova-api-metadata service
rather than using config drive. The only other job I know of that runs
that is the postgres job and that runs nova-network, so I'd say we turn
on n-api-meta in the neutron large ops job.

Are there any issues with that?

Matt Riedemann