[openstack-dev] [cinder]Do we have project scope for cinder?

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Mon Nov 30 06:36:17 UTC 2015

Hi Hao Wang,

> In fact, there is a reason that I ask this question. Recently I have a
> confusion about if cinder should provide the ability of Disaster
> Recovery to storage resources, like volume. I mean we have volume
> replication v1&v2, but for DR, specially DR between two independent
> OpenStack sites(production and DR site), I feel we still need more
> features to support it, for example consistency group for replication,
> etc.
I'm currently developing consistency groups for the DRBD volume driver.

The only way it can do replication *is* for a consistency group as a whole,
so that feature will be available soonish - if you don't care that
Cinder/Openstack knows nothing about the ongoing replication.

> I'm not sure if those features belong in Cinder or some new
> project for DR.
IMO this belongs to Cinder.