[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Ansible] Building a dev env with AIO

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Fri Nov 27 23:48:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 09:21 -0800, Anthony Chow wrote:
> I have a Ubuntu desktop with 8GB of ram and is using vagrant to start
> a 14.04 VM so I can play around before setting the environment on the
> desktop.
>
> Over the last few days I have followed the Step-by-Step guide and
> failed 3 times.  The last 2 times I failed in setting up the galera
> cluster.

Hello Anthony,

My guess would be that your VM doesn't have enough RAM allocated to it
for the AIO build.  It's recommended[1] to have 16GB of RAM available
to the system if possible.  We do testing with 8GB VM's with a highly
specialized configuration that limits resource usage but there's not
enough RAM left over for building VM's.
[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible/developer-
docs/quickstart-aio.html
--