[openstack-dev] [nova]

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) sbezverk at cisco.com
Fri Nov 27 15:33:57 UTC 2015

Hello team,

I came across an issue  in Liberty  where NumaTopology Filter was failing my request to launch an instance because I was requesting strict cpu pinning which happens to be for socket 1, but at the same time requesting SRIOV ports from PCIe device with NUMA affinity to socket 0.  It has been confirmed as behavior by design. Now when I tried to figure out which numa socket a specific SRIOV port is bound to by using OpenStack commands, I could not. I would like to suggest to add Numa affinity field to all physical resources managed by OpenStack (at this point I could think of SRIOV PF and VF) and print it when show of information for a physical resource is requested..  In this case it will be much easier to select right ports or resources based on its numa affinity.

Thank you and appreciate your thoughts/comments

Serguei