[openstack-dev] [networking-ovs-dpdk] VM creation fails with Unexpected vif_type=binding_failed

Praveen MANKARA RADHAKRISHNAN praveen.mankara at 6wind.com
Thu Nov 26 09:46:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

One thing i observed is there is no packets coming to the dpdk interface
(data network).
I have verified it with the tcpdump using mirror interface.
and if i assign ip address and ping each other the data network bridges
that is also not working.
could this be a possible cause for the nova exception? (NovaException:
Unexpected vif_type=binding_failed)

Thanks
Praveen