[openstack-dev] [searchlight] [release] Searchlight client launchpad project

Tripp, Travis S travis.tripp at hpe.com
Wed Nov 25 19:32:22 UTC 2015

Hello all,

We have started building out the python client and OpenStack client plugin for Searchlight. We’ve now encountered the question of whether or not to manage the client change tracking through another Launchpad project specific to the client [2] or continue to manage it through the current Searchlight launchpad project [3]. It seems that with some of the recent changes that Doug has been sending out regarding the release notes process [4] that perhaps having another launchpad project to manage is not necessary anymore.

The dedicated project gives us somewhere to track releases of the client independently, but it also means yet another place to go to try to track everything. With the current launchpad project, the client repo, the specs repo, the release notes process, it is starting to feel like a lot to manage for what is still a small project. My preference would be to try to keep it as simple as possible. However, we do want to ensure that we have setup the process management toolchain to best support us now and in the future.

So, I’m asking for input on whether or not we should start using the new launchpad searchlight client project or just manage bugs and BPs in the main searchlight project.

Thank you!
Travis

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247565/
[2] https://launchpad.net/python-searchlightclient