[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:31:26 UTC 2015

On 25 November 2015 at 10:03, Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 12:53:56PM EST, Armando M. wrote:
> > On 25 November 2015 at 09:49, Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah looks like I read it wrong - the failure occurred during the
> > > initial resource creation phase, based on comparing the logs that Artur
> > > posted.
> > >

> > I see. I got confused by this:
> >

> http://logs.openstack.org/69/143169/60/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/bf6bae1/logs/testr_results.html.gz
> >
> > Look at the timestamp, it's from 2 days ago.
>
> No, that's correct. It's just taken me 2 days to get around to writing an
> e-mail
> about all this :)

Ok, I see now...there's a phase where additional (grenade) resources are
created after having deployed and successfully tested the 'old' cloud,
correct?

So we fail before even attempting an upgrade?

>From here:

http://logs.openstack.org/69/143169/60/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/bf6bae1/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2015-11-23_18_52_18_102

I can't see any command that hints to upgrading neutron, besides here:

http://logs.openstack.org/69/143169/60/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/bf6bae1/logs/old/screen-q-svc.txt.gz#_2015-11-23_18_35_00_569

It looks like we're testing 7.0.1.dev114, shouldn't we test from 7.0.0?

I am really confused, I should probably stop asking questions and do some
homework :)