[openstack-dev] [magnum]storage for docker-bootstrap

王华 wanghua.humble at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:00:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am working on containerizing etcd and flannel. But I met a problem. As
described in [1], we need a docker-bootstrap. Docker and docker-bootstrap
can not use the same storage, so we need some disk space for it. The docker
in master node stores data in /dev/mapper/atomicos-docker--data and
metadata in /dev/mapper/atomicos-docker--meta. The disk space left is too
same for docker-bootstrap. Even if the root_gb of the instance flavor is
20G, only 8G can be used in our image. I want to make it bigger. One way is
we can add the disk space left in the vda as vda3 into atomicos vg after
the instance starts and we allocate two logic volumes for docker-bootstrap.
Another way is when we create the image, we allocate two logic volumes for
docker-bootstrap. The second way has a advantage. It doesn't have to make
filesystem when the instance is created which is time consuming.

What is your opinion?

Best Regards
Wanghua

[1]