[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Call for review focus

Rossella Sblendido rsblendido at suse.com
Wed Nov 25 11:09:13 UTC 2015

On 11/24/2015 06:53 PM, Armando M. wrote:

> [...]
>         following:
>                       >
>                       > Patches that target blueprints targeted for Mitaka;
>                       > Patches that target bugs that are either
>         critical or high;
>                       > Patches that target rfe-approved 'bugs';
>                       > Patches that target specs that have followed the
>         most
>                  current submission
>                       > process;
>
>                       Is it possible to create Gerrit dashboards for
>         patches that
>                  answer these
>                       criteria, and then persist the links in Neutron's
>                  dashboards devref
>                       page?
>         http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/dashboards/index.html
>                       That'd be super useful.
>

>                  We should look into that, but to be perfectly honest I
>         am not
>                  sure how
>                  easy it would be, since we'd need to cross-reference
>         content
>                  that lives
>                  into gerrit as well as launchpad. Would that even be
>         possible?
>

>              To cross-reference we can use the bug ID or the blueprint name.
>
>              I created a script that queries launchpad to get:
>              1) Bug number of the bugs tagged with approved-rfe
>              2) Bug number of the critical/high bugs
>              3) list of blueprints targeted for the current milestone
>         (mitaka-1)
>
>              With this info the script builds a .dash file that can be
>         used by
>              gerrit-dash-creator [2] to produce a dashboard url .
>
>              The script prints also the queries that can be used in
>         gerrit UI
>              directly, e.g.:
>              Critical/High Bugs
>              (topic:bug/1399249 OR topic:bug/1399280 OR topic:bug/1443421 OR
>              topic:bug/1453350 OR topic:bug/1462154 OR topic:bug/1478100 OR
>              topic:bug/1490051 OR topic:bug/1491131 OR topic:bug/1498790 OR
>              topic:bug/1505575 OR topic:bug/1505843 OR topic:bug/1513678 OR
>              topic:bug/1513765 OR topic:bug/1514810)
>

>              This is the dashboard I get right now [3]
>
>              I tried in many ways to get Gerrit to filter patches if the
>         commit
>              message contains a bug ID. Something like:
>
>              (message:"#1399249" OR message:"#1399280" OR
>         message:"#1443421" OR
>              message:"#1453350" OR message:"#1462154" OR
>         message:"#1478100" OR
>              message:"#1490051" OR message:"#1491131" OR
>         message:"#1498790" OR
>              message:"#1505575" OR message:"#1505843" OR
>         message:"#1513678" OR
>              message:"#1513765" OR message:"#1514810")
>
>              but it doesn't work well, the result of the filter contains
>         patches
>              that have nothing to do with the bugs queried.
>

>         Try to drop the # and quote the bug number like this:
>
>         message:"'1399280'"
>
>         Otherwise I believe gerrit looks for substring matches.
>

>     That was my first attempt, it doesn't work unfortunately.

With one bug it works but if you have many and you use OR, it doesn't.
You get spurious stuff. It must be related to how Gerrit implements the
query for "message:" but I didn't check the internals. I didn't want to
spend time on this since with some discipline we can filter using topic.
Check this out, this is supposed to filter critical/high bugs [1]. The
query looks right to me:
(message:1399249 OR message:1399280 OR message:1443421 OR
message:1453350 OR message:1462154 OR message:1478100 OR message:1490051
OR message:1491131 OR message:1498790 OR message:1505575 OR
message:1505843 OR message:1513678 OR message:1513765 OR message:1517818)

but the result is not what I expected.

[1] https://goo.gl/7wjKJa