[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] Move from active distrusting model to trusting model

Brad Topol btopol at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 24 17:09:05 UTC 2015

Lance makes some very good points below.  I agree fully with them.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Topol, Ph.D.
IBM Distinguished Engineer
OpenStack
(919) 543-0646
Internet:  btopol at us.ibm.com
Assistant: Kendra Witherspoon (919) 254-0680

From:	Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com>
            <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date:	11/24/2015 09:56 AM
Subject:	Re: [openstack-dev] [keystone][all] Move from active
            distrusting model to trusting model

I think one of the benefits of the current model was touched on earlier by
dstanek. If someone is working on something for their organization, they
typically bounce ideas of others they work with closely. This tends to be
people within the same organization. The groups developing the feature
might miss different perspectives on solving that particular problem.
Bringing in a fresh set of eyes from someone outside that organization can
be a huge benefit for the overall product.

I don't think that is the sole reason to keep the existing policy, but I do
think it's a positive side-effect.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 6:31 AM, David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk>
wrote:
  Spot on. This is exactly the point I was trying to make

  David

  morgan.fainberg at gmail.com