[openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest] Use tempest-config for tempest-cli-improvements

Daniel Mellado daniel.mellado.es at ieee.org
Tue Nov 24 16:40:04 UTC 2015

Hi All,

As you might already know, within Red Hat's tempest fork, we do have one
tempest configuration script which was built in the past by David Kranz
[1] and that's been actively used in our CI system. Regarding this
topic, I'm aware that quite some effort has been done in the past [2]
and I would like to complete the implementation of this blueprint/spec.

My plan would be to have this script under the /tempest/cmd or
/tempest/tools folder from tempest so it can be used to configure not
the tempest gate but any cloud we'd like to run tempest against.

Adding the configuration script was discussed briefly at the Mitaka
summit in the QA Priorities meting [3]. I propose we use the existing
etherpad to continue the discussion around and tracking of implementing
"tempest config-create" using the downstream config script as a starting
point. [4]

If you have any questions, comments or opinion, please let me know.

Best Regards

Daniel Mellado

---
[1]