[openstack-dev] [ceph] DevStack plugin for Ceph required for Mitaka-1 and beyond?

Ramana Raja rraja at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 14:31:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was trying to figure out the state of DevStack plugin
for Ceph, but couldn't find its source code and ran into
the following doubt. At Mitaka 1, i.e. next week, wouldn't
Ceph related Jenkins gates (e.g. Cinder's gate-tempest-dsvm-full-ceph)
that still use extras.d's hook script instead of a plugin, stop working?
For reference,
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commit/1de9e330de9fd509fcdbe04c4722951b3acf199c
[Deepak, thanks for reminding me about the deprecation of extra.ds.]

The patch that seeks to integrate Ceph DevStack plugin with Jenkins
gates is under review,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188768/
It's outdated as the devstack-ceph-plugin it seeks to integrate
seem to be in the now obsolete namespace, 'stackforge/', and hasn't seen
activity for quite sometime.

Even if I'm mistaken about all of this can someone please point me to
the Ceph DevStack plugin's source code? I'm interested to know whether
the plugin would be identical to the current Ceph hook script,
extras.d/60-ceph.sh ?

Thanks,
Ramana