[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Location of TripleO REST API

Richard Su rwsu at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 07:45:09 UTC 2015

On 11/17/2015 07:31 AM, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:

>     On 10 November 2015 at 15:08, Tzu-Mainn Chen <tzumainn at redhat.com
>     <mailto:tzumainn at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi all,
>
>         At the last IRC meeting it was agreed that the new TripleO
>         REST API
>         should forgo the Tuskar name, and simply be called... the TripleO
>         API.  There's one more point of discussion: where should the API
>         live?  There are two possibilities:
>
>         a) Put it in tripleo-common, where the business logic lives.
>         If we
>         do this, it would make sense to rename tripleo-common to simply
>         tripleo.
>

>     +1 - I think this makes most sense if we are not going to support
>     the tripleo repo as a library.
>

> Okay, this seems to be the consensus, which is great.
>
> The leftover question is how to package the renamed repo. 'tripleo' is
> already intuitively in use by tripleo-incubator.
> In IRC, bnemec and trown suggested splitting the renamed repo into two
> packages - 'python-tripleo' and 'tripleo-api',
> which seems sensible to me.
>
> What do others think?

I have started the process of renaming the repo with these patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247834/
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/252864/

Jan made an interesting suggestion that it may be easier to create a new
repo named tripleo and move the tripleo-common code there. With
renaming, I'm already see some complications with the tripleo-common
package builds failing in the CI until updated spec is merged.

What do folks think about this? I am unsure which is more complicated,
creating a new repo and all the setup that goes with it. Or renaming the
existing repo and fixing CI issues along the way.

- Richard