[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] Move from active distrusting model to trusting model

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Mon Nov 23 23:29:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:06 PM David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk>
wrote:
[snip]

> > This is just a vote for distrusting the community. If you think there's
> > "power" in being able to merge things, and that organizations will abuse
> > this power, then you vote for distrust.
>
> No, rather for the abuse of power by organisations, which is rather
> different :-) We have multiple examples of these all the time.

I don't know if it's fair to say that voting for the current, strict rules
is the same as voting for distrust. I also don't know if it's fair to say
that we have multiple examples of organizations abusing power without
clarifying if you mean in our community.

As I said earlier I can see these rules as being protective. Similar to how
organizations have lots of rules about getting gifts from suppliers,
customers, etc. and a variety of other 'conflict of interest' situations.
Much of that is useful to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Simple rules
can keep you out of some bad situations.

Is that valuable at all within our community? Is that valuable to protect
our community from outside forces?

-- David