[openstack-dev] [keystone] [Mistral] [Heat] Autoprovisioning, per-user projects, and Federation

Todd Johnson tejohnson.002 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:05:15 UTC 2015

Hi.  A colleague and i have been experimenting and prototyping an implementation for listening for ampq notifications and kicking off mistral workflows as a mistral service.  This is for a use case that is different than discussed here, but seems like it might be useful to this use case as well.  The service reads a mapping file that lists the notifications to listen for and which workflow to run when that notification is received.  Workflows are started using the context of the notification or, if no context is present, the mistral service context.  Since we use the message’s security context you can have project scoped workflows that do different things even though they have the same name.  The service also passes the notification event type and message payload to the workflow.  This allows the workflow to make decisions on what to do based on the message contents and/or the type of event.   We just submitted a work in progress patch to mistral:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248813/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248813/>.  Please take a look at provide feedback.

thanks,
todd