[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]:Subscribe and Publish Notification frame work in Ceilometer !

gord chung gord at live.ca
Mon Nov 23 14:27:41 UTC 2015

On 22/11/2015 10:04 PM, Srikanth Vavilapalli wrote:

> We have found a related blueprint *[1],* which is exactly addressing
> this dynamic provisioning of pipelines via an API and making use of a
> new data store to store this configuration. But seems like that
> blueprint was abandoned due its limited usage. We agree that it may
> not be that frequent operation to change the pipeline configuration in
> all deployments, but in certain deployments, where applications desire
> to turn ON/OFF receiving these notifications based on some other
> trigger (like anomaly detection, where application might have sensed
> an anomaly based on some set of meters and wanted to turn ON few
> additional set of event/meters to confirm that and turn OFF once the
> anomaly is confirmed).

you're right, we abandoned that because of lack of usage and the idea
was that generally you'd probably be some type of admin if you were
editing pipeline file(s).

also, the scope was a big reason for dropping. i think modification of
configuration via API is not just a Ceilometer requirement but a global
OpenStack requirement. that said, it's suggested to support this level
of functionality, it should probably be done in a way that is useful to
all OpenStack

this cross-project item might be of interest:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/078400.html

cheers,

--
gord