[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Approved but not implemented specs

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Mon Nov 23 07:31:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 07:04:47PM -0800, Oleg Gelbukh wrote:
> It's a good point.
>
> I think it could even be done automatically: once spec freeze is in place,
> run an infra script and update all CRs still in review with specs targeted
> to current (and previous) releases by moving them to next release's
> directory.

Igor was asking about the specs that got _merged_, not the ones still on
review. For specs on review, I think automation would be an overkill: in
most cases, the spec author will still have to update the spec contents
for the next release, moving the file to a different directory is too
easy to justify automation.

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Igor Kalnitsky <ikalnitsky at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
> > Today I noticed that some of Fuel specs have been merged for 7.0 while
> > the features themselves weren't landed. It's kind confusing since it
> > seems like the feature was implemented in 7.0 while it's not.
> >
> > What do you think guys about moving such specs into 8.0 folder? I
> > believe it's a way to better understand what we're doing now, and what
> > was done previously.

+1 for moving a spec to the 8.0 folder if the feature was implemented in
8.0. If it's not likely that it will be implemented before FF, better to
move it all the way to the 9.0 folder.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko