[openstack-dev] [mistral] Notifier about changes in the dsvm gates structure

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 15:57:28 UTC 2015

Hi, Anastasia,

First, thanks for writing down this, I can see that the way we do now
may really make things unstable and hard to debug the Jenkins
failures. I 100% agree with you about separating gate tests between
Mistral repo and python-mistralclient repo, as a result, they won't
interfere with each other when a new patch submitted.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Anastasia Kuznetsova
<akuznetsova at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> This is a notifier about the fact that Mistral team is on the way of
> refactoring of current Jenkins dsvm gates infrastructure.
> The final goal is to have voting dsvm gates which will run on every commit
> to mistral and mistralclient repositories.
>
> What we have now:
> - mistral repository:
> gate-mistral-devstack-dsvm job that installs mistral from commit and
> python-mistralclient from master,
> it runs both suite of tests on every commit: API tests from mistral
> repository and CLI tests from python-mistralclient repository;
> - mistralclient repository:
> gate-mistral-devstack-dsvm job that installs python-mistralclient from
> commit and mistral from master,
> it runs suite of CLI tests from python-mistralclient repository.
>
> As you can see, there is only job template for both repositories.
>
> What we will have (or what other projects have now):
> - mistral repository:
> gate-mistral-devstack-dsvm job that will install mistral from commit and
> latest released python-mistralclient
> (version will be taken according requirements), it will run only API tests
> from mistral repository.
> - mistralclient repository:
> gate-mistralclient-devstack-dsvm job that will install python-mistralclient
> from commit and mistral from master,
> it will run suite of CLI tests from python-mistralclient repository.
>
> As a result, we will have two separate job templates, in each of them we
> will run its own suite of tests.
>
> I've created appropriate blueprint for these changes
> mistral-making-dsvm-gates-voting and
> I am going to start work on its implementation.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Anastasia Kuznetsova

Regards!