[openstack-dev] [nova] release notes with reno and which patches need that?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Nov 20 08:31:42 UTC 2015

Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote on 11/19/2015 08:46:18 PM:

> From: Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com>
> Date: 11/19/2015 08:47 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] release notes with reno and which
> patches need that?
>

> Le 19/11/2015 18:37, Markus Zoeller a écrit :
> > If you ever had a patch which contained "UpgradeImpact" or
"DocImpact",
> > this mail is for you. You may have already heard of "reno" and how it
> > will change the handling of the release notes. If not, [1] is the
> > announcement and [2] is an example. I wanted to preemptively ask
> > if we want to add some guidelines when it is appropriate to add such
> > a release note and in which cases not. The Keystone folks did already
> > create a statement [3] and the Cinder folks are planning to do so [4].
> > The Keystone list looks reasonable to me. Any thoughts on that?
>
> So, I'm planning to write a devref documentation here :
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/code-review.html
>
> Basically, you need to provide a reno file when there is an upgrade
> impact (like the tag says) but we can also write a reno file for
> explaining which new feature is provided or for explaining a known
issue.

> If you don't know when to write a reno file, just go to #openstack-nova
> and ask me (bauzas) or mriedem.

The reno docs list a section called "fixes" and describes it with
"A list of other fixed bugs". That caught my attention because I
couldn't say if we put *every* bug in this category or only some
which fit a certain (tbd) criteria. I'm going to comment on your
change: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247775/

Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)