[openstack-dev] [oslo] Should we make qpid/proton optional dependencies? (please say yes)

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 19 18:22:51 UTC 2015

I want to fix a thing in oslo.messaging but to my surprise I can't run
pep8. This is because python-qpid-proton tries to install qpid-proton
and it can't get that because the apache site where it's hosted is down. [1]

The apache site for qpid has actually been down a lot lately, I
coincidentally know that because of trying to access QPID security
issues for backports to things like Grizzly - yay for me!

Anyway, depending on a 3rd party repo like this to get packages just to
run pep8/unit tests in oslo.messaging is the suck.  Can we make this
optional?  Isn't the qpid stuff in tree deprecated anyway?

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/479460/

Matt Riedemann