[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Getting rid of Docker containers on the Fuel master node

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 19 15:47:09 UTC 2015

Vladimir

Although I am a big fan of this idea, I think it is too risky to do this
during our latest iteration for 8.0 release. There is a lot of stuff that
relies on our containerised approach. For example, it is our Fuel CI
master-node tests which will require adjustments. There are pieces of
things related to infrastructure for update repositories delivery and so on
and so forth. I would assess the risk of this change to break things and
block everything as high. So far, I suggest that if we provide a clear
deadline when such changes can get into master branch. I think, that we
should have all the code including CI jobs in place by Nov 30. Remember -
if CI is broken, our feature freeze is also broken. So I would suggest to
have a couple of days in advance before feature freeze to revert things.

Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,
Fuel Library Tech Lead,
Mirantis, Inc.