[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [openstack-ansible] Fedora/CentOS/other Support

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Nov 19 15:32:58 UTC 2015

I don't believe we should have a class system in the OS's that we choose
to support. If we're going to bring in a new OS I think we should first
bring it in using non-voting jobs however once all of the bits have been
finalized the supported OS should be able to pass the same sets of tests
as everything else. Now, we may run into various applications that may
not be compatible or available on different distros, which is fine, but
in that case we should call out the deficiencies marking a specific job
as non-voting until we can see about resolving the issues. I would like
to avoid creating second class operating systems within OSA if at all
possible.

--

Kevin Carter
IRC: cloudnull