[openstack-dev] [Ironic] [OSC] Quick poll: OpenStackClient command for provision action

Brad P. Crochet brad at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 14:25:03 UTC 2015

I have pushed up a draft of the spec. Let's move comments there.

I tried to incorporate as much as I could from the discussion here.
There was a lot of disjointed suggestions and was a bit difficult to
follow. So I've taken what I can. It can be refined in the spec
itself.

https://review.openstack.org/247539

Thanks.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Sam Betts (sambetts)
<sambetts at cisco.com> wrote:
> I think all the filtering etc that exists on the current CLI should move
> over to OSC, I personally find things like --fields super useful.
>

> +1 to removing "chassis show --nodes" and making it part of node list.
>

> +1 to deploy, instead of activate. Jim also suggested provision. WDYT?
>

> I'd only chosen boot and shutdown because they were the only 1 word synonyms
> I could think of for power on and power off, if everyone else is happy with
> poweron and poweroff, then so am I :) I'm also not sure what to do about
> maintenance mode, maybe something like quarantine and unquarantine? I quite
> like ignore, as its descriptive of whats actually happening, but I'm unsure
> of the best antonym for it, I was thinking acknowledge or something like
> that.
>

> Heres a revised list of commands based on everyone's suggestions so far:
>

> openstack baremetal [node/driver/chassis/port] list [For ports --node, For
> nodes --chassis]
>
> openstack baremetal [node/driver/chassis/port] show UUID [For nodes
> --states, For driver --properties]
>

> openstack baremetal [node/chassis/port] create
>
> openstack baremetal [node/chassis/port] update UUID
>
> openstack baremetal [node/chassis/port] delete UUID
>

> openstack baremetal node provide UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node deploy UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node rebuild UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node inspect UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node validate UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node manage UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node abort UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node poweron UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node poweroff UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node reboot UUID
>

> openstack baremetal node ignore UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node acknowledge UUID
>

> openstack baremetal node console [--enable, --disable] UUID
>
> openstack baremetal node boot-device [--supported, --set CDROM, PXE, DISK]
> UUID
>

> openstack baremetal [node/driver] vendor NAME_OR_UUID METHOD
>

> WDYT?
>

> Sam

Brad P. Crochet, RHCA, RHCE, RHCVA, RHCDS
Principal Software Engineer
(c) 704.236.9385 (w) 919.301.3231