[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Call for review focus

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:14:14 UTC 2015

Hi Neutrites,

We are nearly two weeks away from the end of Mitaka 1.

I am writing this email to invite you to be mindful to what you review,
especially in the next couple of weeks. Whenever you have the time to
review code, please consider giving priority to the following:

   - Patches that target blueprints targeted for Mitaka
   <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/mitaka>;
   - Patches that target bugs that are either critical
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.importance=Critical&field.status=INPROGRESS>
   or high
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.importance=High&field.status=INPROGRESS>
   ;
   - Patches that target rfe-approved
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.tag=rfe-approved&field.status=INPROGRESS>
    'bugs';
   - Patches that target specs
   <https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/neutron-specs,n,z>
that
   have followed the most current submission process
   <http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/blueprints.html>;

Everything else should come later, no matter how easy or interesting it is
to review; remember that as a community we have the collective duty to work
towards a common (set of) target(s), as being planned in collaboration with
the Neutron Drivers
<https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/464,members> team and the
larger core <https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/38,members> team.

I would invite submitters to ensure that the Launchpad resources
(blueprints, and bug report) capture the most updated view in terms of
patches etc. Work with your approver to help him/her be focussed where it
matters most.

Finally, we had plenty of discussions at the design summit
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Design_Summit/Mitaka/Etherpads#Neutron>,
and some of those discussions will have to be followed up with actions (aka
code in OpenStack lingo). Even though, we no longer have deadlines for
feature submission, I strongly advise you not to leave it last minute. We
can only handle so much work for any given release, and past experience
tells us that we can easily hit a breaking point at around the ~30
blueprint mark.

Once we reached it, it's likely we'll have to start pushing back work for
Mitaka and allow us some slack; things are fluid as we all know, and the
random gate breakage is always lurking round the corner! :)

Happy hacking,
Armando