[openstack-dev] [magnum] Mesos Conductor

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:12:34 UTC 2015

Just want to input more for this topic, I was also thinking more for how we
can unify the client interface for Magnum.

Currently, the Kubernetes is using "kubectl create" to create all of k8s
objects including pod, rc, service, pv, pvc, hpa etc using either yaml,
json, yml, stdin file format; The marathon also using yaml, json file to
create applications. In my understanding, it is difficult to unify the
concept of all COEs but at least seems many COEs are trying to unify the
input and output: all using same file format as input and getting same
format output.

It is a good signal for Magnum and the Magmum can leverage those features
to unify the client interface for different COEs. i.e we can use "magnum
app create" to create pod, rc, service, pv, pvc even marathon service etc.
Just some early thinking from my side...

Thanks!

Jay Lau (Guangya Liu)