[openstack-dev] [ironic][tempest]Tempest test plugin and microversions

GHANSHYAM MANN ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:02:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

Yea, IMO also we can merge Ironic patch in Tempest first but do not
have much strong opinion. Ironic patch can be updated on top of
microversion testing framework base patch [1] and we can test that
while residing in Tempest which avoid updates in Ironic repo (if move
Ironic tests first) if anything needs to be updated.

For testing or sample we are going to implement Nova 2.2 version
tests[2]. On the same line Ironic one can be updated.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/242296/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/244996/

Thanks
Ghanshyam

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nice description for our situation.
> Yes, qa-spec of microversions testing is already approved.
> But as you said, we need time for the implementation.
>
> Your migration patch for ironic doesn't seem hard to be merged, I feel. So
> it is also nice option to merge the migration patch first.
> Technically, the microversions testing framework will be merged into
> tempest-lib at early stage, and we can share it on many projects.
>
> Thanks
>

> 2015年11月18日(水) 午後6:54 Yuiko Takada <yuikotakada0313 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Ironic folks,
>>
>> As we discussed in Design Summit, we will move forward with tempest test
>> tasks.
>> I've posted a patch for tempest test plugin interface [1]
>> (Now it fails because of flake8-ignore-difference, anyway).
>>
>> Then, I'd like to discuss about our tests migration procedure.
>> As you know, we are also working for Tempest microversions, so
>> our tests in Tempest need to be fixed for working with microversions.
>> Its spec has been approved and now microversion testing frame work has
>> been posted [2].
>> IMO, tests in Tempest should be fixed before moving into Ironic tree,
>> but maybe [2] will take long time to be merged.
>> What do you think?

>> Best Regards,
>> Yuiko Takada

Regards