[openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest] Deprecate or drop about Tempest CLI

David_Paterson at Dell.com David_Paterson at Dell.com
Wed Nov 18 19:28:36 UTC 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Normally I would say keep the original clis for a cycle but it also makes it more difficult to migrate them to using cliff. So I would vote for removing old entry points.  Reworking any workflows consuming the old entry points, to use the new ones, should be pretty trivial.

Thanks,
dp

From: Masayuki Igawa [mailto:masayuki.igawa at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 8:40 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest] Deprecate or drop about Tempest CLI

Hi tempest CLI users and developers,

Now, we are improving Tempest CLI as we discussed at the summit[1] and migrating legacy commands to tempest cli[2].

In this situation, my concern is 'CLI compatibility'.
If we'll drop old CLIs support(like my patch), it might break existing workflows.

So I think there are two options.
 1. Deprecate old tempest CLIs in this Mitaka cycle and we'll drop them at the beginning of the N cycle.
 2. Drop old tempest CLIs in this Mitaka cycle when new CLIs will be implemented.
# Actually, I'd like to just drop old CLIs. :)

If you have question and/or opinion, please let me know.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tempest-cli-improvements
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/240399/

Best Regards,
-- Masayuki Igawa