[openstack-dev] [nova] nova-manage db archive_deleted_rows broken

Andrew Laski andrew at lascii.com
Wed Nov 18 13:32:44 UTC 2015

On 11/17/15 at 07:43pm, Jay Pipes wrote:
>On 11/17/2015 05:43 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>>I found some time to work on a reverse sort of nova's tables for the db
>>archive command, that looks like [1].  It works fine in the unit tests,
>>but fails because the deleted instances are referenced by
>>instance_actions that aren't deleted.  I see any DB APIs for deleting
>>instance actions.
>>
>>Were we just planning on instance_actions living forever in the database?
>
>Not as far as I understand.

They were never intended to live forever.  However there is a use case
for holding on to the deleted action so that someone could query when or
by whom their instance was deleted.  But the current API does not
provide a good way to query for that so this may be something better
left to the growing list of things that Tasks could address.