[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Location of TripleO REST API

Tzu-Mainn Chen tzumainn at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 15:31:29 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> On 10 November 2015 at 15:08, Tzu-Mainn Chen < tzumainn at redhat.com > wrote:

> > Hi all,
>

> > At the last IRC meeting it was agreed that the new TripleO REST API
>
> > should forgo the Tuskar name, and simply be called... the TripleO
>
> > API. There's one more point of discussion: where should the API
>
> > live? There are two possibilities:
>

> > a) Put it in tripleo-common, where the business logic lives. If we
>
> > do this, it would make sense to rename tripleo-common to simply
>
> > tripleo.
>

> +1 - I think this makes most sense if we are not going to support the tripleo
> repo as a library.

Okay, this seems to be the consensus, which is great.

The leftover question is how to package the renamed repo. 'tripleo' is already intuitively in use by tripleo-incubator.
In IRC, bnemec and trown suggested splitting the renamed repo into two packages - 'python-tripleo' and 'tripleo-api',
which seems sensible to me.

What do others think?

Mainn