[openstack-dev] [Monasca][vitrage] Vitrage project

AFEK, Ifat (Ifat) ifat.afek at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Nov 17 10:02:03 UTC 2015

Hi Monasca developers,

As you might have heard in Mitaka Summit, we have started a new project named Vitrage[1]. We would like it to be the Openstack RCA (Root Cause Analysis) Engine for organizing, analyzing and expanding OpenStack alarms & events, yielding insights regarding the root cause of problems and deducing the existence of problems before they are directly detected.

We are now in the process of reviewing the blueprints[2] that we wish to implement in mitaka. At the first stage of the implementation we plan to integrate with AODH alarms. In the next phase, we would like to check how we can integrate with Monasca as well. We would be happy to get your reviews for our blueprints, to make sure our architecture matches this future integration.

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Vitrage
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/vitrage

Thanks,
Ifat Afek.