[openstack-dev] [oslo][testing-cabal] Help needed getting oslo.versionedobjects to install in tox venv

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Nov 17 04:02:07 UTC 2015

On 17 November 2015 at 16:25, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2015 08:10 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> Thanks, Robert, but unfortunately that didn't work. I still get the same
> problem:
>
> Downloading/unpacking .[fixtures]
>   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement .[fixtures]
>
> Is ".[fixtures]" really the correct name of the requirement?

It means 'the fixtures extra of the project found in the current
working directory.

You can check setup.cfg if the project is a pbr using one, to see the
defined extras.

> Here is proof that I'm running the right versions of pip and virtualenv
> (installed from scratch with sudo -H python get-pip.py and sudo -H pip
> install virtualenv after clearing the system packages for both)
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/479076/
>
> Any other ideas? This is getting quite frustrating :(

Can you attach/pastebin your log files?

/home/jaypipes/repos/oslo.versionedobjects/.tox/py34/log/py34-1.log and

/home/jaypipes/repos/oslo.versionedobjects/.tox/py34/log/py34-0.log ?

also

. .tox/py34/bin/activate
pip list

Thanks!