[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Deprecation of GRE network segmentation in Fuel 8.0

Artem Roma aroma at mirantis.com
Mon Nov 16 16:55:49 UTC 2015

Hi all!

AFAIK, GRE network segmentation option has been deprecated for clusters
with Neutron since 7.0 release, both on UI and Library side. One still can
use the option via CLI as no relevant changes were made to Nailgun API.
Though appropriate warning is displayed in the case.

So I wanted to ask: are we going to carry such behavior of the API in 8.0
or should we also remove processing of the option?

In my opinion we should at least forbid cluster creation via API with the
parameter as this is the only stage it is accepted. Enhancing of input data
validation for appropriate handler will do the trick. Relevant internal
Nailgun logic (serialization, networking etc.) will be unchanged in order
to support compatibility with already existing clusters after master node
upgrade.

FYI, there is a relevant bug [1] on Lauchpad.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/7.0.x/+bug/1478924

--
Regards!)