[openstack-dev] [neutron][heat] LBaaS of Neutron

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Mon Nov 16 07:51:50 UTC 2015

Another option is to implement health monitor that will fail on P nodes and will succeed on A nodes.

From: Sergey Kraynev [mailto:skraynev at mirantis.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 9:15 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron][heat] LBaaS of Neutron

On 16 November 2015 at 09:46, Qiao,Liyong <liyong.qiao at intel.com<mailto:liyong.qiao at intel.com>> wrote:
hi, I have some questions about neutorn LBaas.

seen from the wiki, the load balancer only support:

Table 4.6. Load Balancing Algorithms
Name

LEAST_CONNECTIONS

ROUND_ROBIN

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/LBaaS/API

think about if I have a A-P mode HA

VIP : 192.168.0.10

master-1 192.168.0.100 (A)
master-2 192.168.0.101 (P)

if I want to use VIP to alway connect with master-1(since it is A mode),
only switch to master-2 when master-1 down. what should I do?
any plan to support more algorithms for neutron lbaas?

BTW, the usage is from heat:

  etcd_pool:
    type: OS::Neutron::Pool
    properties:
      protocol: HTTP
      monitors: [{get_resource: etcd_monitor}]
      subnet: {get_resource: fixed_subnet}
      lb_method: ROUND_ROBIN
      vip:
        protocol_port: 2379

thanks,
Eli.

--

BR, Eli(Li Yong)Qiao

Hi, Qiao,Liyong

I can not say about LBaaS team plans for supporting some additional algorithms :)
AFAIK, they do not plan add it to v1 API.
As I understand it may be discussed as part of v2 API [1]

In the Heat we have related BP [2], with several patches on review. So if it will be implemented on Neutron side, we may add such functionality too.

[1] http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-networking-v2-ext.html#lbaas-v2.0
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/lbaasv2-suport

--
Regards,