[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Nov 13 19:46:27 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 01:16 PM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 07:42:12AM EST, Sean Dague wrote:
>> Ok, I top responded with the details of the job, honestly I think it's
>> just a project-config change to get up and running, and then hacking at
>> the bugs that fall out.
>
> Thanks - that was super helpful.
>
> I'm thinking of working on the following on Monday:
>
> 1) capture that somewhere in the upgrade docs we're putting together in neutron's devref
>
> 2) Adding the stanza to project-config to get grenade running for
> Neutron
>
> 3) Take a look at the patches that Armando linked a couple emails back
> in this thread.

I don't think that any of the patches listed there are needed. This was
part of the reason I -2ed that direction in the last cycle. It required
a separate special code path for partial upgrade setup which was very
synthetic (and honestly kind of confusing to debug).

The new approach means if you did upgrade for the all-in-one case, and
you did multinode setup with worker processes on the subnode, you just
make a config where you do them both at the same time, and you have
partial upgrade.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague