[openstack-dev] Regarding Designate-Virtualenv Issues

Sharma Swati6 sharma.swati6 at tcs.com
Fri Nov 13 05:30:10 UTC 2015

 Hi Folks,

I am trying to use Designate using Virtualenv approach from the link : http://docs.openstack.org/developer/designate/install/ubuntu-kilo.html#exercising-the-api

I was able to get the different Designate services started successfully.

I have certain environment variables in the virtualenv also-
export OS_USERNAME=openstack
export OS_PASSWORD=password
export OS_TENANT_NAME=myproject
export OS_TENANT_ID=123456789
export OS_AUTH_URL=https://127.0.0.1:9001/v2.0/

I then began exercising the API calls. When I am trying to fire this : http://IP.Address:9001/api_version/command , I am doubtful about what IP Address it should be. It did not work with https://127.0.0.1:9001/v2.0/

I also tried  'curl -s checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //' -e 's/<.*$//' to find out the IP Address but it gives null result for the server address.

Can anyone please let me know where does the problem lie? Am I mentioning the IP Address wrong somewhere?

Thanks & Regards
 Swati Sharma
 System Engineer
 Tata Consultancy Services