[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] zombie process after ceilometer-api

gord chung gord at live.ca
Fri Nov 13 02:02:29 UTC 2015

if you have configured two workers and you have two ceilometer-api
processes and an extra 'zombie' process, then it's correct.

someone else might be able to articulate this better but when you use
workers, it creates child processes that represent the workers you set,
and there is a parent process which manages them.

you'll probably notice the same if you configure addition
collector/notification agent workers... and the same for other projects

cheers,

On 12/11/15 09:26 AM, Madhu Mohan Nelemane wrote:
> Here is the output of "ps aux | grep ceilometer-api" after "ceilometer
> meter-list"
>
> ceilome+ 27192  1.0  1.1 247400 60388 ?        Ss   14:10   0:00
> /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/ceilometer-api
> --config-file=/etc/ceilometer/ceilometer.conf
> --logfile=/var/log/ceilometer/api.log
> ceilome+ 27655 15.3  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    14:11   0:00
> [ceilometer-api] <defunct>
>
> Its the second line I am concerned about.

gord