[openstack-dev] Last sync from oslo-incubator

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:30:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

A long time ago, oslo-incubator had a lot of code, we have made most
of the code to oslo.* libraries. There's very little code left and
we'd like to stop hosting common code in oslo-incubator repository. We
encourage everyone to adopt the code they have in their repos under
openstack/common into their own namespace/packaging as we will be
getting rid of any remaining python modules in oslo-incubator.

If there are a couple of projects sharing code, like say cinder and
manila (HT to bswartz), one of those projects can choose to host a
common library between them, similar to how nova and cinder share
os-brick with its own core team. The overall guide to starting
projects is documented here [1] so you will needs bits of that for
existing projects. when in doubt, look in governance, project-config,
requirements repos and model your own.

Thanks,
Dims

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html